The FDA is responsible for protecting public health by regulating human drugs and biological products, animal drugs, medical devices, tobacco products, food (including animal food), cosmetics, and electronic products that emit radiation.
Consumer Updates in the Spotlight:
- Is It Really 'FDA Approved'?
- Powdered Infant Formula Recall: What to Know
- Medicines for your pet: What’s the difference between FDA-approved and pharmacy-compounded animal drugs?
- Tianeptine Products Linked to Serious Harm, Overdoses, Death
- Beware of Vaping Products with Unproven Health Claims
- FDA Pharmacists Help You Use Medicines Safely
- Pregnant? Breastfeeding? FDA Aims to Improve Drug Information
- Hearing Aids and Personal Sound Amplification Products: What to Know
- Should You Give Kids Medicine for Coughs and Colds?
- Eating Too Much Salt? Ways to Cut Back...Gradually
- It’s a Good Time to Get Your Flu Vaccine
- Beware of Fraudulent Coronavirus Tests, Vaccines and Treatments