The documents listed below are guidance for the cosmetics industry. Guidance documents represent FDA's current thinking on a topic. They do not create or confer any rights for or on any person and do not operate to bind FDA or the public. Manufacturers can use an alternative approach if the approach satisfies the requirements of the applicable statutes and regulations.
- Draft Guidance for Industry: Lead in Cosmetic Lip Products and Externally Applied Cosmetics: Recommended Maximum Level
- Draft Guidance for Industry: Cosmetic Good Manufacturing Practices
- Guidance for Industry: Safety of Nanomaterials in Cosmetic Products
- Guidance for Industry: Labeling for Cosmetics Containing Alpha Hydroxy Acids
- WITHDRAWN Cosmetics Processors and Transporters of Cosmetics Security Preventive Measures Guidance (Also available in other languages)
- Cosmetic Labeling Guide