Code of Federal Regulations Sections for Cosmetics Labeling (CFR Title 21, Part 701)
The regulations listed below are the authoritative resource for cosmetic labeling requirements. The links to the sections of Title 21 of the Code of Federal Regulations (21 CFR) will take you from FDA's website to the Electronic Code of Federal Regulations, maintained by the U.S. Government Printing Office.
- Summary of Regulatory Requirements for Labeling of Cosmetics Marketed in the United States: An introduction to labeling requirements
- Cosmetic Labeling Guide: For step-by-step help with cosmetic labeling
- Key Legal Concepts: Interstate Commerce, Adulteration, and Misbranding
- Required Warning Statement for Tanning Products Without Sunscreen
- FDA Authority Over Cosmetics
- Cosmetics and U.S. Law