- What is the State Data Management System Cooperative Agreement Program?
- What are its goals?
- Who is the current awardee?
- Who can I contact for more information?
- FDA State Data Management System CAP Fact Sheet (Version July 2023)
The purpose of this Funding Opportunity Announcement is to build an integrated information technology (IT) data management system and user community to be utilized by state, local, territorial, and tribal (SLTTs) regulatory and public health partners for their human and animal food regulatory and public health programs. This cooperative agreement is intended to establish a robust IT infrastructure to assist SLTT regulatory and public health partners to better manage high quality regulatory programs and advance conformance with the regulatory standards. The IT infrastructure will be designed with the capability to integrate with FDA data exchange systems, which supports information sharing between states as well as between FDA and state regulatory and public health partners.
- Assist SLTT partners to better manage high quality regulatory programs and advance implementation and conformance with the regulatory program standards by enhancing the management of regulatory records including firm inventory, inspection reports (for SLTT conducted inspections and FDA contract inspections), inspection frequencies, laboratory results, consumer complaints, recalls, and enforcement actions.
- Strengthen collaborations across relevant public health sectors to prepare, detect, respond, and prevent future public health emergencies, such as foodborne illness outbreaks or infectious disease with system capabilities to support product traceability and identifying trends in the supplier chain.
- Build a user community involving a range of stakeholders including, but not limited to, federal and SLTT partner agencies for the development, implementation, operation, maintenance, and continuous improvement phases of the data management system during and after the project period.
- Support implementation of data integration with FDA ORA Data Exchange (DX) to securely share information between regulatory partners and FDA.
- Enhance collaborations between the FDA and user community to leverage and adopt technologies, tools, and approaches in supporting New Era of Smarter Food Safety Blueprints, advancing Domestic Mutual Reliance, and promoting One Health approach.
- Support continuing efforts in achieving a national integrated food safety system (IFSS).
- The current awardee of this cooperative agreement is the Association of Food and Drug Officials (AFDO).
- Up to $6M in funding under this cooperative agreement program.
Specific questions on this program can be directed to the appropriate Office of Partnerships' contact within the Division of Partnership Investments and Agreements. Please visit the Office of Partnerships Contacts webpage to obtain a downloaded version of the staffing roster.
You can also find contact information and more on the funding opportunity announcement.
General questions can be directed to the Office of Partnerships' general mailbox: email@example.com.