FDA Webinar on the Guidance for Industry on Infant Formula Enforcement Discretion Policy
May 20, 2022
- May 20, 2022
The FDA hosted an industry webinar to provide an overview and answer questions on the recently released guidance to infant formula manufacturers regarding temporary exercise enforcement discretion, on a case-by-case basis, for certain requirements that apply to infant formula.
Dr. Susan Mayne, Director, Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (CFSAN); Dr. Patricia A. Hansen, Deputy Director, CFSAN’s Office of Nutrition and Food Labeling; and Mr. John Verbeten, Deputy Director for Import Operations Enforcement, Office of Regulatory Affairs, provided remarks on this topic.
For More Information
- Guidance for Industry: Infant Formula Enforcement Discretion Policy
- Fact Sheet: Helping Families Find Formula During the Infant Formula Shortage
- Press Release: FDA Encourages Importation of Safe Infant Formula and Other Flexibilities to Further Increase Availability
- Questions & Answers for Consumers Concerning Infant Formula
- FDA Advises Parents and Caregivers to Not Make or Feed Homemade Infant Formula to Infants
- FDA Investigation of Cronobacter Infections: Powdered Infant Formula
|Transcript: FDA Webinar on Guidance for Industry: Infant Formula Enforcement Discretion Policy - Q&A Session||pdf (66.71 KB)|