For Trade and Industry Groups: Requesting Cross-Agency Speakers From FDA
Trade associations and industry-based groups should use this questionnaire to submit cross-agency speaker requests (i.e. two or more FDA-regulated product areas) for a single event. Please note that this is NOT an event planning or travel related service.
For events held within the contiguous United States, please provide 3 to 4 months' notice. For events held abroad, and in Alaska and Hawaii, please provide 4 to 6 months' advance notice. Emerging regulatory demands and other commitments may limit our level of participation when we receive less notice. For more information about the process, please see Requesting Cross-agency Speakers from FDA.
To complete this questionnaire, please follow these steps:
- Gather documents or website addresses for the event agenda, the invitation written on your organization's letterhead and other pertinent information you may want to submit
- Enter all the speaker requests for each event during a single session. Once submitted, the questionnaire won't be available to add new speakers or information. DO NOT press the back button in your browser; you will lose your data, and your form will be incomplete.
- Set aside 15 minutes to fill out the questionnaire initially, but subsequent requests for speakers at the same event will pre-populate the fields making it quicker to submit the entire request.
Internet Explorer (IE) is the only officially supported browser for FDA websites. Other browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.) have not been verified and may prevent successful form submissions.
For more information see Frequently Asked Questions below or email us at FDASpeaks@fda.hhs.gov.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if my request pertains to only one FDA-regulated product (e.g., drugs, food, biologics, medical devices, tobacco, dietary supplements, cosmetics, and animal drugs and feed)?
Please select the best topic below, and then use the contact information to inquire directly with that FDA-regulated product area. Someone from that product area will provide further guidance regarding speaker request that involves only one FDA-regulated product area.
For any other FDA regulated product not listed above including the Office of the Commissioner activities, Email: FDASpeaks@fda.hhs.gov
Please give us as much notice as possible when requesting a speaker. For events in the contiguous United States, 3 to 4 months' advance notice is ideal. For events abroad, and in Alaska and Hawaii, we need 4 to 6 months' advance notice.
We accept requests with shorter notice, but are less likely to be able to provide you with a suitable speaker.
The Office of External Affairs (OEA) will contact the appropriate office(s) within FDA to obtain official clearance. If more information is needed, we will work with your organization to gather it.
Some factors that might be used in considering requests include: timeliness of the topic, geographic location of the event, the event's target audience, FDA staff availability, expected number of attendees and available resources.
Once your request has been processed, OEA will contact you.
Overview of the clearance process:
1. You submit an online speaker request via the FDA Speaker Questionnaire and receive an automated email confirmation.
2. FDA might email or telephone you with questions or to clarify your request.
3. FDA will contact you once we have processed your request. Our primary mission is to protect and promote the public health. Speaker requests received from trade groups are prioritized according to our core regulatory responsibilities and the available resources. We remain committed to meeting the continuing challenges or regulating in an ever-expanding global market.
4. If the speaker request is accepted, the sponsoring organization is put in direct contact with the confirmed speaker to discuss applicable session logistics.
For a speaker request to an event that pertains to only one FDA-regulated product, please select the best topic below, and then use the contact information to inquire directly with that FDA-regulated product area. Someone from that product area will provide further guidance regarding speaker request that involves only one FDA-regulated product area.
For any other FDA regulated product not listed above including the Office of the Commissioner activities, Email: FDASpeaks@fda.hhs.gov.
How should invited FDA speakers be listed on electronic and hardcopy promotional materials (i.e., agendas, websites, brochures, emails)?
How are speaker requests from FDA's foreign regulatory counterparts (including from World Health Organization/Pan American Health Organization (WHO/PAHO) officials handled?