Public meeting: FDA Rare Disease Day 2023
February 27, 2023
- February 27, 2023
- 9:00 AM - 4:45 PM ET
- Organized By:
Watch the full meeting recording or for specific sessions, please visit:
- Session 1: Understanding Challenges of Clinical Trials with Small Patient Populations
- Session 2: FDA Initiatives to Advance Medical Product Development for Rare Diseases
- Session 3: Engaging with FDA – Getting Connected. Staying Involved
- Session 4: Spotlighting the Zebras: A Role for Medical Students in Shaping Rare Disease Care
- Rare Disease Stories
- Rare Disease Day: Open Public Comments
FDA will host Rare Disease Day, a virtual public meeting, on February 27, 2023, 9:00 am – 4:45 pm ET, in global observance of Rare Disease Week. This year’s theme is “Intersections with Rare Diseases – A patient focused event.” Participants will have the unique opportunity to:
- Hear directly from the FDA on initiatives to advance medical product development for rare diseases.
- Engage with the FDA to provide your perspectives as a patient, caregiver or family member.
- Understand considerations and challenges associated with clinical trials in small populations.
- Hear from medical students on rare disease education for medical professionals.
Stakeholders are invited to provide their perspectives on the discussion questions through the public docket. All comments must be identified with the docket number FDA-2022-N-3072-0001 through April 7, 2023.
OOPDOrphanEvents@fda.hhs.gov | 301-796-7634
Office of Clinical Policy and Programs, Office of Orphan Products Development
|RDD 2023 Meeting Packet Brochure 02-02-2023_final_508||pdf (10.24 MB)|